What can I do?
It’s time to show the politicians that you are for justice.
1. Sign and promote the petition
- Click here to sign the petition now and show
- Email it to your friends and share it on Facebook and Twitter
2. Download Be Afraid Without Legal Aid Brochure to use at events
- Click HERE to download
- Hand it out at events to raise awareness
3. Send the film to your MP
- Click here to find the contact details of your MP
- Send them an email with a link to the film http://youtu.be/pjOigFHdVIY
- Tell them why you want them to save legal aid
Dear [insert MP name]
I am your constituent and have just watched the Justice Alliance ‘Are you for Justice’ film you can watch here – http://youtu.be/pjOigFHdVIY http://www.youtube.com/justiceallianceuk
I am concerned by the changes to civil and criminal legal aid which will put justice out of reach for many ordinary people.
I want to know what you are doing to stop or reverse the changes that have been proposed or introduced under the most recent changes to legal aid (called Transforming Legal Aid 2013).
[Insert Name and Address]
4. Do a #jelfie
- Take a picture of yourself holding the I AM FOR JUSTICE poster [download HERE]
- Then TWEET the picture using hashtag #IAMFORJUSTICE
- You can also post the picture on the Justice Alliance Facebook page
- You can post on the Justice Alliance Tumblr page
5. Promote the campaign
- Send the film and petition to as many people as you can
- Are you going to an event where you can ask people to sign the petition? Take along copies of the petition:
6. Other useful campaigning resources
- The Low Commission www.lowcommission.org.uk/Can-you-help
- Ilegal http://ilegal.org.uk/
- Justice Gap http://thejusticegap.com/
- LAG Legal Action News and Blog covering the “Transforming Legal Aid” consultation
- Legal Voice covering Legal aid stories
- Save Legal Aid: www.savelegalaid.co.uk/
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers: www.younglegalaidlawyers.org/